Monday, April 5, 2010

I had always wanted a photo of the pier, that sunday was no different. It was raining, the sky was a washed white, and the air was cool. I knew the joggers wouldn't be there, I knew that I would be alone. I went there. The photos came out with astounding quality, I surprised myself. But, it lacked something. The photos were too still, they were too understated. The drizzle soon turned to a downpour, I took off my wet shirt and felt the droplets trickle down my body. I stepped out of my sandals and felt the cool concrete under my feet. I removed my shorts and felt the cool air. Then and there, I experienced a freedom which I've never felt before. I had to document this moment. I switched my timer on. 12 seconds, 5 seconds, 2 seconds, 1 second, the shutter opened. snap. it was over. I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Search This Blog